An Intro to Richardson, Texas
Richardson is a suburb of Dallas and is located in Dallas County. Some of the most well-known names in the tech industry, including Nortel, Ericsson, AT&T, Tellabs, Alcatel-Lucent, and Texas Instruments, are headquartered in Richardson’s Telecom Corridor, a massive technology center.
Native Americans from the Caddo and Comanche nations lived there. Many early settlers to Richardson came from neighboring states of Tennessee and Kentucky in the 1840s. A brand-new railroad was built through the area after the end of the Civil War. The new town flourished thanks to the railroad, and it all started with a donation of land from William J. Wheeler. He was offered the chance to have a town named after him, but he declined. A railroad contractor who worked on the Dallas–Denison line, E.H. Richardson is honored with the naming of the town. Don’t forget to learn about Mesquite, Texas here too.
Having been granted a charter in 1873. In 1910, the city installed its first telephones and switched on its first electric lights for the public. The Richardson Independent School District’s offices are housed in a former red-brick school building from 1914. There were 720 people living in Richardson back in 1940. The population boomed after WWII ended. Richardson, Texas, was once primarily an agricultural hub, but after the opening of U.S. Highway 75 in 1954, the city quickly expanded to include numerous shopping centers and residential neighborhoods.
If you are ever in need of commercial roofing or residential roofers, click here.